The IOTA Foundation is a not-for-profit organization established in 2017 and headquartered in Berlin, Germany. The Foundation’s mission is to drive the development and standardization of new distributed ledger technologies (DLTs) that enable permissionless innovation ecosystems. To realize this potential the IOTA Foundation is actively building a collaborative of developers, start-ups, private enterprises, and government, civil society and academic institutions.
We engage in engineering, research and community organizing efforts around the IOTA Tangle – a new generation of DLT specifically designed to be the open and free trust layer for the Internet-of-Things (IoT).
As an IOTA Identity Software Engineer, Rust, you will be working on the IOTA Identity project building a self-sovereign identity (SSI) framework for people, organizations, things and objects. You will have the opportunity to build a framework that introduces trust to the digital world, changing how we interact online.
We are looking for different ranges of experience in this application as we expect to hire both Senior and Junior positions. Feel free to apply regardless of your seniority. For the Junior position you may naturally tick fewer boxes and have less experience.
- Design and drive software specifications to a successful conclusion
- Be actively involved in setting product and technical direction
- Develop high-quality software solutions
- Work effectively across different teams to address problems and collaboratively arrive at solutions
- Perform and thrive in an environment where your work can change rapidly in response to customer feedback and data
- Be a part of a self-organizing, results-oriented agile team
- Participate in and help transform cutting-edge research into practical software products
- Implement software development best practices and collaborate with other software projects in open-source DLT and SSI space
- Engage with the IOTA and open-source community
- Self-driven individual who takes responsibility for projects from their inception
- Ability, desire, and dedication to pick up new platforms or technologies as well as improve in existing ones
- You write well-structured, efficient, and maintainable code and actively keep the quality of the codebase in check.
- (Excellent) coding skills in Rust
- Ability to understand and implement cryptographic primitives
- Proven track record in designing software algorithms
- Experience with C and/or Embedded Rust is a plus
- Experience with designing networking protocols is a plus
- Existing experience with Self Sovereign Identity is a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with the brightest minds in the industry
- The opportunity to make a true difference
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback
- The time to focus on quality over strict deadlines
- The time to develop yourself and your knowledge
- A flexible and agile organization with a flat hierarchy
- Independence and responsibility from day one
- Engagement with excited open-source developers
The IOTA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.